You may be surprised to learn that children can benefit tremendously from chiropractic care. Many health issues evident in young children can be effectively eliminated with chiropractic intervention.
Nervous system interference, typically along the spine, is often the cause of childhood health problems. We can gently adjust the spine to reduce symptoms and allow your child’s body to resume normal function.
Chiropractic techniques can be used for treating:
- Bedwetting. Sometimes due to nerve issues in the lower back, bladder control can be restored.
- Ear infections. When the upper spine is misaligned, it can compromise the nervous and immune systems, leaving the ears a viable location for infection.
- Traumatic birth. An examination of the infant not long after birth can locate issues associated with in-utero limitations, vacuum extraction or C-section.
- Colic. Nerves can be compromised during the birthing experience, whether natural or assisted. Pain causes excessive crying.
- ADHD. There has been much success for ADHD patients by reducing tension in specific areas of the nervous system.
- Asthma. Attacks can be lessened or completely eliminated by reducing the compromise to the diaphragm, bronchial tubes and lungs through chiropractic techniques.
- Growing pains. Pain is the body’s signal that something is wrong. Growing pains are often the response to stress in the nervous system.
- Scoliosis. Chiropractic care can help children with this common disfiguring problem, rather than waiting to see if the issue resolves itself or resorting to uncomfortable bracing.
- Wellness. Ongoing preventive chiropractic care can ensure that your child remains healthy or uncover a minor problem before it exacerbates.
- Infertility. Restoration of nervous system control of reproductive organs may result in pregnancy.
Many health problems that adults experience stem from childhood. For more information, call us to schedule a consultation.